Awards Program at SciX
First in a series of podcasts by FACSS/SciX leaders:
S. Michael Angel (2012 William F. Meggars Award, 2011 Innovation Award) - Raman Spectroscopy for Measurements in Deep Space and the Deep Ocean
See other exciting news and information at Spectroscopy online
Many different awards are presented to scientists at the SciX conference presented by FACSS. A full list of the awards is given at the foot of this page. Click on each link to find out more about each award.
FACSS encourages the participation of students in the meeting with its award program. More information on the student awards is given at the links below.
- The Tomas A. Hirschfeld and FACSS student awards are presented to outstanding graduate students. These awards require submission of a paper application, along with selection of the appropriate tab on the drop down menu of the paper submission form.
- The FACSS/SAS Student Poster Awards are given to SAS Student members who present outstanding papers at the poster session on Wednesday afternoon at the meeting.
FACSS DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD:
The FACSS Governing Board may present a Distinguished Service Award to an individual who has demonstrated exceptional, long-term service to the FACSS organization. Typically, that person will have served with excellence in many different capacities and will have contributed to the continuing success of FACSS through consistent dedication and sacrifice.
FACSS INNOVATION AWARDS:
FACSS Innovations Awards will be given for the most innovative and outstanding new research advancements debuted orally at the SciX Conference. All program areas are included. Only research findings presented for the first time in the public domain qualify for entry (work based on submitted papers not yet published electronically or in print at the time of abstract submission qualifies too). Papers submitted for SciX will be considered for these awards – authors can check the appropriate box for their papers to be entered. Finalists will be selected for presentations at the SciX conference in special award sessions. Award winners will be selected after the award sessions are concluded
These awards are presented to outstanding scientists in analytical chemistry and spectroscopy at the SciX conference presented by FACSS. Awards symposia are organized at the meeting to highlight their contributions to science. More information on the awards is given in the links below.
- The Charles Mann Award for Applied Raman Spectroscopy is presented annually at SciX conference presented by FACSS to an individual who has demonstrated advancement(s) at FACSS in the field of applied Raman Spectroscopy.
- The ANACHEM Award is presented annually by ANACHEM to an outstanding analytical chemist based on activities in teaching, research, administration or other activity which has advanced the art and science of the field.
- The Applied Spectroscopy William F. Meggers Award is given to the author(s) of the outstanding paper appearing in Applied Spectroscopy.
- The Ellis R. Lippincott Award is given by OSA, SAS and the Coblentz Society to a scientist who has made significant contributions to vibrational spectroscopy.
- The Lester W. Strock Award is given by the New England Section of the Society of Applied Spectroscopy in recognition of a selected publication of substantive research in/or application of analytical atomic spectrochemistry in the fields of earth science, life sciences, or stellar and cosmic sciences.
- The Craver Award is given by the Coblentz Society to recognize young individuals who have made significant contributions in applied analytical vibrational spectroscopy.
- FACSS Student Award and Tomas A. Hirschfeld Award
- SAS Student Poster Awards and FACSS Poster Awards
- SAS Undergraduate Student Travel Grant
- FACSS Distinguished Service Award
- FACSS INNOVATION AWARDS
- Charles Mann Award for Applied Raman Spectroscopy
- ANACHEM Award
- Lester W. Strock Award
- Applied Spectroscopy William F. Meggers Award
- Ellis R. Lippincott Award
- William G. Fateley Student Award
- Coblentz Society Craver Award
- ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Award
- AES Mid-Career Award
- Emerging Leader in Molecular Spectroscopy sponsored by Spectroscopy
- IRDG Chalmers and Dent Student Travel Award
- RSC Awards