Deadline to make reservations at the conference rate is September 21, 2017 or until the block is sold out.
Benefits of Staying at the Grand Sierra Resort
This is the official conference hotel. By reserving your room at this hotel, you are placing yourself at the center of the meeting activities and you will be able to maximize interactions with your colleagues. Other advantages include:
- All SciX Conference activities will be held in this hotel
- Summit and Grand Level Rooms available
- Summit Level Room Includes: Exclusive Summit Level check-in/check-out, in-room coffee maker, daily bottled water, refrigerator, microwave, free parking, free valet parking, free Wi-Fi
- Grand Level Room Includes: In-room coffee maker, daily bottled water, free parking, free valet parking, free Wi-Fi
- $20 daily resort fee is waived on all reservations if booked in the block
- Complimentary airport shuttle buses (runs to and from the airport and hotel every 15 minutes starting at 5:00 AM from the Hotel.)
Fraudulent Housing Alert
Beware of “housing pirate” companies that may contact you by phone or email offering “deals” on the SciX conference hotel. These companies make a business of scamming conventions.
- FACSS / SciX is not responsible for and cannot guarantee any reservations made through any third party housing provider.
- Neither FACSS / SciX, nor the conference hotel, will call you in order to make hotel reservations. You should use the link or phone number below to make your reservation at the conference hotel.
The 2017 Conference headquarter hotel is:
Grand Sierra Resort
2500 East Second Street
Reno, Nevada 89595
Phone: (800) 648-5080
The conference hotel room rates:
Grand Sierra Room - $95 plus taxes
Summit Room - $115 plus taxes
To make your hotel reservation online click hotel reservation.
Please Note: The conference hotel rate could possibly be sold out for specific nights. If it appears the hotel is sold out when you try to register online, please call the hotel directly to check availability.
If you call the hotel directly be sure to reference the conference code FAC17 in order to receive the conference rate. Deadline for the conference rate is September 21 or until the block is sold out.
Student Rate: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the code for the discounted student rate
Government Rate: TBA