Member Society Events
During SciX, RSC/IRDG, CLIRSPEC, and SPSJ will hold special sessions in time zones for their "home" audiences, but all registered SciX attendees are welcome! Review the FACSS Member Society Events section of the virtual meeting website for details and schedules.
The Coblentz Society
Monday, October 12, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT
Typically a face-to-face speed mentoring session, we've been able to move this activity online and preserve the one-to-one conversation model. We'll provide instructions and starter questions for making the most of your matches; about ten 7-minute pairings will take place during the session. This session is supported by The Coblentz Society and SAS.
If you're interested in pairing up with our mentors, sign up using link below and follow the instructions. Please only sign up if you plan to attend: on time and for the whole session. Attendance is being strictly controlled to ensure we have the right number of mentors, so signing up and not showing up means someone else was locked out of attending and the spot you took goes to waste.
- Register here, creating an account/password on the Hopin.to website (this is totally separate from the rest of the virtual meeting): https://hopin.to/events/coblentz-speed-mentoring
- You will get a basic confirmation email with a calendar appointment and the event link embedded. You will also get a reminder email prior to the event.
- On the day of, at 12:45 pm EDT, log in here: https://hopin.to/events/coblentz-speed-mentoring
- Go to the "Stage" on the left menu to listen to opening remarks.
- When opening remarks are completed, everyone will move to the networking area and the matches will begin, automatically rotating you to another person after each pairing.
- When the session is drawing to a close, return to the "Stage" for parting words.
Society for Applied Spectroscopy
Wednesday, October 14, 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM EDT
SAS Awards Ceremony
Join SAS President Richard Crocombe as SAS honors all of its 2020 award winners. The link to this event will be found within the virtual meeting website.
Wednesday, October 14, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT SAS Member Event
Thursday, October 15, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDT
SAS Student Event
Student Poster Awards sponsored by SAS and AES
Students (SAS members or non-members) presenting a poster at SciX were encouraged to register for the Student Poster Competition. Four presenting authors will be selected for recognition that includes:
- One-year free membership to SAS
- An award plaque
- An invitation to present your work in a Young Investigator Virtual Symposium hosted by Metrohm on Wednesday, October 28
- A recording of your presentation to share on social media
- All participating posters will be evaluated between October 5 and 8
- Award finalists will be notified on Friday, October 9 and invited to an online panel interview on Monday, October 12
- To be considered you must submit an abstract (abstract submission is closed)
- For more information, please contact the SAS Office by either email: email@example.com or phone: 301-694-8122